We are not shy about speaking boldly to social issues of the day.
- We believe in full marriage equality for same gender-loving couples.
- We are a Level 1 Host Sanctuary Congregation and we are willing to provide shelter and refuge for undocumented individuals or families under threat of deportation.
- We advocate for systemic racial justice and the end of mass incarceration of black and brown people (Dream of Justice).
- We partner with and support the Oglala Lakota in Pine Ridge, South Dakota (Re-Member).
- We work for economic justice for the poor and disenfranchised.
- We support and affirm people living with mental illness.
- We protect and champion the environment.
Loud & Proud!
We have a 15-year relationship with Re-Member, an independent nonprofit organization on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, South Dakota, USA. Re-Member works to improve the quality of reservation life through relationships, shared resources and volunteer services.
We have an adult trip to Pine Ridge every other year and a high school youth trip each summer. We have members who serve on the Board of Directors, and we support the organization financially in a variety of ways.
To be sure, our congregation is filled with people who seek justice and serve God’s children day in and day out. We are a church that comes together to stand for truth and fairness, and a church that nurtures and supports individuals in their own work
- Packard Health Food Pantry
- Project Transition
- Community Action Network
- HIV/AIDS Resource Center (HARC)
- Saline Evangelical Home
- Holiday Food Distribution- the COGS family donates food and financial support for local families in need (through food donation and
- Church World Service/CROP Walk
- Prison Ministry
- RE-MEMBER - an outreach to the Oglala Lakota on Pine Ridge Reservation
- Interfaith Council for Peace and Justice (ICPJ)
- Ecumenical Center and International Residence (ECIR)
- Religious Activity for Affordable Housing (RAAH)
- Bread for the World